UPDATE: Have a question? Leave a comment below or check out our FAQs.
UPDATE: Unable to use a phone number for your One-Time Passcode? When prompted for a phone number, click the link that says “I don’t have access to a phone” and you’ll be able to enter an email address. Click here to see this screen.
UPDATE: If you are enrolling in Online Banking for the first time, you will be taken to this screen when you enter your member number and last four of your Social Security Number. Enter your information again and click the “Enroll now” button at the bottom.
On November 27, SMCU’s Online Banking will be updated with the latest technology to offer a more secure, more intuitive online banking experience. Below are the changes you should expect to see when you log in:
One-Time Verification Process
After the upgrade, it will no longer be possible to log into Online Banking with your member number. For security reasons, you must instead choose a unique username. The first time you log in after November 27, you will go through a quick two-step verification process to make sure you have a username and password that meet the new security standards. If your existing login information already meets the new criteria, you will not have to make any changes. If not, you will see the following prompts.
New Username and Password Requirements
- Your username must be at least six characters long and contain at least one letter. Once your username has been created, it cannot be changed, so make sure you are satisfied with your choice.
- Your password must be at least six characters long and contain characters from at least two of the following three categories: letters, numbers, or special characters (such as @$*!&). Passwords are case sensitive.
Add Your Phone Number and Email Address
- If you forget your password, you can have a one-time passcode sent to your phone or email address.
- If you already have a phone number and/or email address in your profile, you will not have to make any changes.
- The three challenge questions will no longer be used as they no longer meet security requirements for financial institutions. (learn more here).
- The phone number you enter must be domestic. If you cannot provide a domestic phone number, you may use an email address instead.
- Once you have provided a phone number, you will be asked to verify it by submitting a code that will be sent directly to your phone. You can choose whether you would like to receive the code through voice call or text message.
We hope to provide the best services for our members, including our free, easy-to-use Online Banking. Now, with a more intuitive interface and the latest security technology, Online Banking is better than ever before.
Have a question? Leave a comment below or check out our FAQ.
Take a tour of the new Online Banking homepage.