Being a Seattle Metropolitan Credit Union member just got even more convenient. Now you can deposit checks anytime, anywhere with the improved SMCU Mobile App.
Get the SMCU Mobile App today and experience:
- Convenience – Save a trip to the branch or ATM.
- Simplicity – Make a deposit with just a few taps and camera snaps.
- Security – Our app uses cutting-edge security features to protect you and your financial information.
If you already have the SMCU Mobile App, install the latest update to enable Remote Deposit Capture.
What you need to know before you start using Remote Deposit Capture
- Eligible items: Personal checks, government/treasury checks, business checks, and cashier’s checks.
- Preparing your check for deposit: On the back of the check, you will need to endorse the check with your signature and the words “For Mobile Deposit Only”.
- Taking photos: To make sure your images can be processed, place the check on a dark surface, include all four corners of the check in the photo, and use adequate lighting. See examples below.
- Funds availability: Deposits will be posted to your account within 1 to 3 business days.
- What to do with the check after a successful deposit: Keep your check in a safe and secure location for 30 days, then shred or destroy it.
If you have further questions, please read the Remote Deposit Capture FAQ or call our Contact Center at 206-398-5500.
Click here to read the Remote Deposit Capture Member Agreement.
The Apple logo is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.